Engineering Council, Sri Lanka (ECSL) Act No. 4 of 2017 was gazetted on the 9th of March, 2017 and became the law of the country.
To view the Act, please click any of the links below.
You are cordially invited to this very important meeting to understand, discuss and plan the future course of actions as IESL.
This invitation is a must to all the Council Members, all Sectional Committee members and all Provincial / Regional Chapter members. Respective Chairpersons are requested to alert members to participate in this crucial meeting.
All IESL Members are welcome, too. We are focusing on Provincial Chapters to get the message out to all the members.
Overseas members can give their input via "replies" to the Forum Topic http://www.iesl.lk/page-1567974/4630036
Date:26th of April, 2017 at 5:45 PM
Venue: Wimalasurendra Auditorium
1. Introduction by The President of IESL - Eng. Jayavilal Meegoda
2. History - Passage of the Act. - Council Member / Chairperson CESC - Eng. Niyas Samad (10 min)
3. Legal interpretations of the Act - Past President Eng. (Dr) Ananda Ranasinghe ( 30 min)
4. Next Steps: Council Member / Chairperson MESC - Eng. Arjuna Manamperi (15 min)
5. Q&A to understand the law ( 15 min)
6. Moderated discussion on how to achieve next steps where ever we can impact positively
On behalf of IESL President and The Council